Government-to-Government Violence Against Women Tribal Consultation
Rapid City, South Dakota
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
- 2014 OVW Tribal Consultation Report to Tribal Leaders
- NIJ Updates and Accomplishments
- STOP Formula Grants-State Consultation with Tribes
- Section 905(b) Framing Paper
- OVW Tribal Grant Programs Funding and Grant Awards for FY 2014
- Bureau of Prisons Pilot Program: Framing Paper and Consultation Questions
The Department of Justice Office on Violence Against Women (DOJ-OVW) invites tribal leaders to join the 9th Annual Government-to-Government Violence Against Women Tribal Consultation. The purpose of the consultation is to solicit recommendations on enhancing safety for American Indian and Alaska Native women, strengthening the Federal response to the crimes of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking, and administering grants funds.
Questions can also be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lodging and Transportation
Best Western Ramkota Hotel
2111 N LaCrosse Street
Rapid City, South Dakota 57701
Ask for “VAW Tribal Consultation” room block to receive the group discount rate. Rooms should be booked by September 15 to get the discounted rate of $83/night (plus tax).
The hotel offers a complementary shuttle from the Rapid City Regional Airport. Call ahead to reserve.
The Airport Express Shuttle, Inc. is also available for $20 per person. For more details, call 1-800-357-9998 or visit the website.